Supplementary provisions as to orders under s. 6. — (1)
Any order under section 6 of this Act may make provision for identifying any part of any road to which, or any time at which or period during which, any provision contained in the order is for the time being to apply by means of a traffic sign of a type or character specified in the order (being a type prescribed or character authorised under section 64 of this Act) and for the time being lawfully in place; and, for the purposes of any order so made, any such traffic sign placed on or near a street shall be deemed to be lawfully in place unless the contrary is proved.
(2) Any such order which imposes any restriction on the use by vehicles of streets in Greater London, or the waiting of vehicles in such streets, may include provision with respect to the issue and display of certificates or other means of identification of vehicles which are excepted from the restriction, whether generally or in particular circumstances or at particular times.
(3) Any such order may also include provision with respect to the issue, display and operation of devices . . . for indicating the time at which a vehicle arrived at, and the time at which it ought to leave, any place in a street in which waiting is restricted by the order, or one or other of those times, and for treating the indications given by any such device as evidence of such facts and for such purposes as may be prescribed by the order.
(4) Any such order may provide for the suspension or modification, so long as the order remains in force, of any provisions of any Acts (whether public general or local or private, and including provisions contained in this Act), byelaws or regulations dealing with the same subject matter as the order, or of any Acts conferring power to make byelaws or regulations dealing with the same subject matter, so far as such provisions apply to any place or street to which the order applies.
(5) No appeal shall lie to the Secretary of State from the [ traffic commissioner for the Metropolitan Traffic Area under section 42 of the Transport Act 1985 in the case of a decision of his with respect to a London local service licence if and so far as he certifies] that the decision was necessary to secure conformity with any order in force under section 6 of this Act which prescribes—
the routes to be followed, or streets which are not to be used, by vehicles affected by the decision, or
the places in streets where such vehicles may or may not wait, or
the stopping places for such vehicles.
(6) Before [ the Secretary of State] makes any order under section 6 of this Act which will impose new or additional duties on the police, he shall consult the [ the Commissioner of Police for any police area in which is situated any road or part of a road to which the order is to relate].
(7) The reference in subsection (5) above to the Metropolitan Traffic Area shall be construed as if it were contained in the Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981.